- The Scotsman
- Rooms & Suites
- Offers & Prices
- Taste of Edinburgh
- Christmas Deals
- Entertainment Guide
- Offers & Packages
- Taste of Edinburgh Indulgent Experiences
- Competition Terms and Conditions
- Taste of Edinburgh Top 5 Sweet Treats
Luxury Weddings and Civil Ceremonies at The Scotsman Hotel, Edinburgh
The Scotsman Hotel: Dream Weddings
Originally built in 1905, The Scotsman Hotel resides within the former Scotsman Newspaper building. This majestic venue dominates the Edinburgh skyline and boasts incredible views across the city... making it the perfect setting for a luxurious wedding in the heart of Edinburgh.
Here at The Scotsman Hotel all our dishes are created from the freshest ingredients and local produce, accompanied - of course - by the finest wines. Our Head Chef, Paul Hart is also happy to invite you both for a personalised wedding tasting prior to your big day.
We pride ourselves on our personal service, attention to detail... and guarantee an unforgettable experience for your special day.
Planning your perfect day
Not every couple wants the same thing for their Wedding Day and we want you to be able to create the perfect mix of elements that suit you...
That's why in this wedding section you'll find a selction of the finest menus, dishes, canapes, drinks that can be served on your big day... along with a host of different entertainment, style and theme options.
We're here to help and inspire you, to advise you with anything from menus, decoration and itineraries... to entertainment, invitations and everything in between.
But most of all, we want you to have the wedding of your
Please contact our Events Team on +44 (0) 131 5565565 for more details
- 2014 Summer Wedding Offer
If your heart is set on a Scottish wedding this August or September, we have the perfect package to deliver your dream day. Beginning with bubbling glasses of Prosecco before the all-important vows, through to award-winning cuisine and a five-star suite for the bride and groom, the £3999 offer provides the most stylish of celebrations in the sought-after Scotsman Hotel for up to 50 guests.
- Wedding Packages
Thank you for considering the Scotsman for your special day, we know how much this experience is going to mean to you. Our job is to be here when you need us, to offer support and help create a perfect day that is unique to you. We’re ready to inspire you; to offer advice on anything from menus, decoration and itineries… to entertainment, invitations and everything in between. Please take a look at some of the packages we can offer.
Your wedding menu will be one of the many memorable moments from your special day. You may wish to have a small selection of cleverly designed canapes or an elegant and stylish sit down meal, whatever you decide on you will be sure to find what you are looking for in Paul's extensive menus below.
- Beverages & Wine
From the moment your guest's arrive and you welcome them with a luxurious glass of bubbly to complimenting their meal or canapes with fruity wines before you toast your happiness with a glass of something truly special right through to those final night caps as you recall the day's events. Our experienced and knowledgeable team can arrange everything for you.
- Stay Overnight
Why not wake up with us here at the Scotsman on your special day, enjoy breakfast with your family in our Award winning North Bridge Brasserie maybe followed by a relaxing swim and sauna and perhaps even a massage in our Health Club and Spa before getting ready for your big day. We have accommodation packages that can include your entire family or a few select friends.
When you are putting the final touches to your day we are certain you will have plenty of questions regarding tastings, extra touches to add to your enjoyment on the day, children's facilities and much more. We have taken the time to put together this information to ensure we have answered everything for you and nothing is left to chance.
- Hens & Stag Nights
Once your special day is organised there is that final party to consider. At the Scotsman we would like to welcome you and your Hen's or Stag's for a weekend of fun, relaxation and enjoyment ahead of your big day. You could decide to challenge your friends to the Wii in our private screening room, enjoy a day relaxing and unwinding in our fabulous Spa or drink and dine the night away in our Brasserie.
- Christmas Residential Package
Celebrate Christmas with The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
- New Year's Residential Package
Ring in the New Year with The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
- Retail Therapy Residential Package
Festive Retail Therapy at The Scotsman Hotel
- Sparkling Christmas Parties
Throw Your Christmas Party at The Scotsman Hotel
- Festive Afternoon Tea
Festive Afternoon Tea at The Scotsman Hotel
- Indulgent Experiences with Taste of Edinburgh
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 3 - Sweet Treats
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 2 - Best Festival Tips
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 1 - Introduction to Taste of Edinburgh
- Celebrate Your Big Day for Only £3,999
- Enjoy the Best of the 2014 Ryder Cup Action in The Scotsman Screening Room
- Edinburgh Tattoo and Dining Experience with North Bridge Brasserie
- The Scotsman Named as One of the Five Most Historic Hotels in Europe
- A Summer of Sport at The Scotsman
- A Taste of Scotland at the North Bridge Brasserie
- 2014 Summer Wedding Offer & inspiring Wedding Open Evening
- Soothing Spa and Stay Packages for the 12th Edinburgh Marathon
- Whisky Pairing Dinner
- Lunch Menus at Edinburgh's North Bridge Brasserie
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - 9th March 2014
- Valentine's at the Scotsman Hotel
- Burns Night Supper
- New Year, New You: Personal Training and Spa Offers
- Wine Tasting with Greywacke's Kevin Judd - 14th January 2014
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor