- The Scotsman
- Rooms & Suites
- Offers & Prices
- Taste of Edinburgh
- Christmas Deals
- Entertainment Guide
- Offers & Packages
- Taste of Edinburgh Indulgent Experiences
- Competition Terms and Conditions
- Taste of Edinburgh Top 5 Sweet Treats
The Luxury Boutique Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
5 star Luxury Boutique Hotel in the Heart of Edinburgh
The Scotsman Hotel, resides within the former Scotsman Newspaper building. Originally built in 1905, this majestic building was designed to dominate the Edinburgh skyline and features incredible views of the city´s most famous landmarks. In 2001 the building was transformed into The Scotsman Hotel with careful attention towards preserving the magnificent Italian marble staircase, stunning oak panelling, imposing marble pillars and ornate ceilings.
Originally the reception room of the newspaper, our North Bridge Bar and Brasserie features the original oak panelling, a hand carved wooden balcony and imposing marble pillars. The seating area is split into two levels with the balcony offering quieter, intimate seating, with a birds-eye-view below to the buzzing main restaurant and cocktail bar.
The newspaper held its giant printing presses in the lower ground floor. The press room now houses our Scotsman Health Club and Spa with a vast state of the art gym. Popular with locals and hotel guests alike. Facilities include a steel swimming pool, steam and sauna, tropicarium, 60-station gym, spa treatment rooms and a relaxation suite.
With no two alike, our 69 rooms and suites each have their own quirky features including curved corner window bays with breathtaking views and marble bathrooms and as a guest at The luxury 5 star Scotsman you will enjoy free Wi-Fi access and a complimentary Scotsman Newspaper.
Our private screening room complete with sumptuous leather seating is available for hire, be it for fun occasions or that all important presentation or product launch. Contact our conference and banqueting team to discuss the many options this and our other meeting and events rooms have to offer.
Whether, you're coming to Edinburgh with family, friends, or that special someone... you'll always find a vast amount of things to do and see in the city. Let our Concierge take care of all the details, leaving you to enjoy a hassle free stay and make the most of your trip.
- Hotel Services
We always deliver a 5 star luxury experience to our guests… and the friendly, professional, Scotsman staff are here to offer you the very best service at all times. We will ensure that your experience at our hotel is one you shall never forget.
- Hotel Location
The Scotsman Hotel holds an enviable location on North Bridge nestled inbetween the hustle and bustle of the New Town and the historical Old Town. With clear views across Princes Street, Calton Hill and the Firth of the Forth The Scotsman is the perfect location in our Capital City.
The Scotsman Hotel took residence in the original, elegant and traditional offices of the Scotsman Newspaper in 2001. The Newspaper was housed here since the North Bridge was widened in the 1900's and it became and still is an iconic part of Edinburgh's history.
- Christmas Residential Package
Celebrate Christmas with The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
- New Year's Residential Package
Ring in the New Year with The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
- Retail Therapy Residential Package
Festive Retail Therapy at The Scotsman Hotel
- Sparkling Christmas Parties
Throw Your Christmas Party at The Scotsman Hotel
- Festive Afternoon Tea
Festive Afternoon Tea at The Scotsman Hotel
- Exclusive Top Style Tips for Taste of Edinburgh
- Unique Shopping Experiences with Taste of Edinburgh
- Scotsman Spa Well-being Tips with Taste of Edinburgh
- Autumn Beauty Trends with Taste of Edinburgh
- Two New Edinburgh Golf Offers with Ultimate Golf Service
- Accessory Trends For A/W 14 with Taste of Edinburgh
- Designer Shopping with Taste of Edinburgh
- Indulgent Experiences with Taste of Edinburgh
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 3 - Sweet Treats
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 2 - Best Festival Tips
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 1 - Introduction to Taste of Edinburgh
- Celebrate Your Big Day for Only £3,999
- Enjoy the Best of the 2014 Ryder Cup Action in The Scotsman Screening Room
- Edinburgh Tattoo and Dining Experience with North Bridge Brasserie
- The Scotsman Named as One of the Five Most Historic Hotels in Europe
- A Summer of Sport at The Scotsman
- A Taste of Scotland at the North Bridge Brasserie
- 2014 Summer Wedding Offer & inspiring Wedding Open Evening
- Soothing Spa and Stay Packages for the 12th Edinburgh Marathon
- Whisky Pairing Dinner
- Lunch Menus at Edinburgh's North Bridge Brasserie
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - 9th March 2014
- Valentine's at the Scotsman Hotel
- Burns Night Supper
- New Year, New You: Personal Training and Spa Offers
- Wine Tasting with Greywacke's Kevin Judd - 14th January 2014
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor