- The Scotsman Hotel
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- News & Press
- Offers & Prices
- Aveda Spa
- Entertainment Guide
The Scotsman Hotel News & Press
- Whisky Pairing Dinner15 April 2014
To celebrate World Whisky Day on the 17th of May, we will be serving a three course menu at the North Bridge Brasserie that promises to excite and inspire both the connoisseur and the novice throughout May. Our Executive Head Chef, Paul Hart, has combined traditional Scottish dishes with warming whisky pairings and modern twists. From Glenfiddich Jelly to a cheese and 'Auld Reekie' sauce, your taste buds will experience an intense and unrivalled evening, washed down with drams of three of Scotland's most sought after malts.
- Lunch Menus at Edinburgh's North Bridge Brasserie17 March 2014
The Scotsman Hotel's North Bridge Brasserie is now serving an outstanding selection of eclectic lunch menus. Executive Head Chef Paul Hart has drawn inspiration from seasonal ingredients and local produce to create an eclectic and interesting menu. As always, the dishes will be immaculately presented as they are brought to the table for our guests to enjoy.
Both the full lunch menu and the more concise set lunch menu can now be enjoyed at the North Bridge Brasserie, which is part of our five-star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh.
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - 9th March 201419 February 2014
On the 9th March a collection of deluxe wedding service suppliers will be at the Scotsman Hotel. Our Wedding Fayre has become renowned for its vast selection of exhibitors, who offer everything from boutique gowns to bespoke designer cakes.
Guests to the Fayre will receive a complimentary glass of fizz along with a goodie bag and are free to peruse the stalls from midday until 3pm. What's more, anyone booking their wedding on the day will receive a 10% discount upon payment of a deposit.
- Valentine's at the Scotsman Hotel27 January 2014
Here at the Scotsman we're laying on a range of great Valentine offers designed to surprise and delight.
From our indulgent spa treatments for two… to our six course Valentine's tasting menu that's set to make a great night, the night of your life.
Take a look at all the details here.
- Burns Night Supper12 January 2014
Burn's Night is the annual celebration of Scotland's national poet, Robert Burns. We're holding our very special Burn's Night Supper here at the Scotsman Hotel between 24 - 26 January 2014.
Join us for a feast that combines traditional fare with contemporary influence. In true Scottish fashion, there will also be an optional whisky pairing for the dinner.
UPDATE: Saturday the 25th Now Fully Booked
Book Friday 24th or Sunday the 26th Now
- New Year, New You: Personal Training and Spa Offers20 December 2013
Our New Year, New You packages will allow you to truly unwind and refresh in time for 2014 and all the excitement it will bring. Take a moment just for you and enjoy one of our indulgent Aveda Spa therapies along with an overnight stay in a five-star room. Or, start afresh with 12 personal training sessions for the price for 10.
- Wine Tasting with Greywacke's Kevin Judd - 14th January 201413 December 2013
Join us at the Scotsman Hotel's North Bridge Brasserie for a suburb evening of wine tasting and canopies with expert Greywacke winemaker, Kevin Judd. The event is scheduled to take place on 14th January 2014 and will include 2 hours of wine tasting, food... and a rare opportunity to meet one of the finest wine makers in the world today.
Early booking essential... reserve your place by calling 0131 556 5565.
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman20 November 2013
Christmas is a magical time in Edinburgh filled with markets, fairs and seasonal cheer. Princes Street Gardens is transformed into a Highland Village and an ice rink, and everywhere people anticipate the big day. It isn't all over on the 25th, though, as visitors and locals alike prepare for the outdoor extravaganza that is Hogmanay... a New Year celebration of fireworks, music and revelry.
The Scotsman hotel offers comfort and luxury within easy reach of Princes Street Gardens and the rest of Edinburgh. Stay with us and make Christmas in Edinburgh even more special.
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller01 November 2013
The Scotsman Hotel has just been named as one of the best hotels in the United Kingdom by Condé Nast Traveller in its Readers' Choice Awards. Having a place on the list is a great honour and everyone at the Scotsman is extremely happy.
The Scotsman achieved the highest ranking of all the hotels in Scotland, and sits among a number of world-famous names.
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November21 October 2013
Things are all-change at the Scotsman Spa and Health Club as Aveda therapies and products take up residence. Our re-launch as an Aveda Spa means a refreshed ambience of calm and tranquillity will befall the entire establishment, from the private therapy rooms right through to the pool, sauna and Jacuzzi.
Aveda will be at the Scotsman Spa from the 1st November 2013, and brings with it an exciting range of naturally-derived treatments and therapies.
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh04 October 2013
The luxury Scotsman Spa is currently offering 35% off its entire treatment and product range. Our Spa experiences have been crafted in collaboration with Thalgo, a collection created with Active Marine ingredients. The result is an exquisite variety of therapies designed to soothe the body holistically, and fill the mind with a sense of calm.
Visit our Spa and enjoy ancient therapeutic traditions, state-of-the-art facilities and top of the range beauty treatments performed by our expert team.
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie 30 September 2013
We have scoured Scotland for four of the most refined and sublime flavours to create this whisky tasting experience. It is a gentle introduction to a range of drams and accompaniments from across the country, presented to you in the sophisticated surrounds of our North Bridge Brasserie.
This celebration of all things distilled will include whisky from Islay, Speyside, The Highlands and The Lowlands, along with food pairings.
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina16 September 2013
JJW Hotels and Resorts has today announced that it will take over the management of Le Meridien Penina with effect from October 1, 2013.
The hotel has been managed by the Starwood Group and operated as Le Meridien Penina since 2005. Starwood Group and JJW Hotels and Resorts have now mutually agreed to transfer the management of the hotel to JJW Hotels and Resorts. With effect from October 1, 2013, the hotel will be rebranded as the Penina Golf Resort.
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week22 August 2013
Our three-course Pre-Theatre meal is a wonderful opportunity to sample the North Bridge Brasserie's celebrated cuisine. The dramatically composed menu has been created using the finest locally sourced produce... and is sure to rouse applause.
Nights at the theatre are filled with excitement and surprise, so it is only fitting that they are preceded by an equally delightful dining experience. Begin your night with us to enjoy a refined atmosphere, gourmet cuisine and a convenient central Edinburgh location.
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August15 August 2013
This year's Edinburgh Tattoo concludes on the 24th August... and if you haven't yet witnessed the biggest spectacle in the city, now is the time.
With the grand and ancient setting of the Castle as a backdrop, the Edinburgh Military Tattoo delivers a tapestry of music and movement, a resurrection of history, and a celebration of the present. This must-see event brings a dazzling array of military performers from across the world onto one stage.
Take a look at what's on offer this year.
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor25 June 2013
The Scotsman Hotel and its North Bridge Brasserie restaurant have just received the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. The award is given based on the votes and reviews given to Trip Advisor by customers and guests... and delivers a true picture of guest satisfaction.
Take a look at what Hotel manager, Helen Gallagher, and Executive Head Chef, Paul Hart, think of this latest accolade... along with with the most recent reviews and rankings to be found on Trip Advisor.
- Sunday Special - Every Sunday in March & April
Sunday Special - Every Sunday in March & April
- Easter Breaks with Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Easter Breaks in Edinburgh including Afternoon Tea
- Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman Hotel
Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman and Mercat
- Bed, Breakfast & Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Bed, Breakfast & Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
- Two Nights Bed & Breakfast, with 1 Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Two Nights Bed & Breakfast, with 1 Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
- Whisky Pairing Dinner
- Lunch Menus at Edinburgh's North Bridge Brasserie
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - 9th March 2014
- Valentine's at the Scotsman Hotel
- Burns Night Supper
- New Year, New You: Personal Training and Spa Offers
- Wine Tasting with Greywacke's Kevin Judd - 14th January 2014
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor