- The Scotsman
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- News & Press
- Offers & Prices
- Christmas Deals
- Entertainment Guide
The Scotsman Hotel News & Press
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman20 November 2013
Christmas is a magical time in Edinburgh filled with markets, fairs and seasonal cheer. Princes Street Gardens is transformed into a Highland Village and an ice rink, and everywhere people anticipate the big day. It isn't all over on the 25th, though, as visitors and locals alike prepare for the outdoor extravaganza that is Hogmanay... a New Year celebration of fireworks, music and revelry.
The Scotsman hotel offers comfort and luxury within easy reach of Princes Street Gardens and the rest of Edinburgh. Stay with us and make Christmas in Edinburgh even more special.
- New Lunch Menus at the North Bridge Brasserie01 November 2013
The Scotsman Hotel's North Bridge Brasserie is pleased to announce the launch of its brand new lunch menu. Executive Head Chef Paul Hart has drawn inspiration from seasonal ingredients and local produce to create an eclectic and interesting menu. As always, the dishes will be immaculately presented as they are brought to the table for our guests to enjoy.
Both the full lunch menu and the more concise set lunch menu can now be enjoyed at the North Bridge Brasserie, which is part of our five-star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh.
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller01 November 2013
The Scotsman Hotel has just been named as one of the best hotels in the United Kingdom by Condé Nast Traveller in its Readers' Choice Awards. Having a place on the list is a great honour and everyone at the Scotsman is extremely happy.
The Scotsman achieved the highest ranking of all the hotels in Scotland, and sits among a number of world-famous names.
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November21 October 2013
Things are all-change at the Scotsman Spa and Health Club as Aveda therapies and products take up residence. Our re-launch as an Aveda Spa means a refreshed ambience of calm and tranquillity will befall the entire establishment, from the private therapy rooms right through to the pool, sauna and Jacuzzi.
Aveda will be at the Scotsman Spa from the 1st November 2013, and brings with it an exciting range of naturally-derived treatments and therapies.
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh04 October 2013
The luxury Scotsman Spa is currently offering 35% off its entire treatment and product range. Our Spa experiences have been crafted in collaboration with Thalgo, a collection created with Active Marine ingredients. The result is an exquisite variety of therapies designed to soothe the body holistically, and fill the mind with a sense of calm.
Visit our Spa and enjoy ancient therapeutic traditions, state-of-the-art facilities and top of the range beauty treatments performed by our expert team.
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie 30 September 2013
We have scoured Scotland for four of the most refined and sublime flavours to create this whisky tasting experience. It is a gentle introduction to a range of drams and accompaniments from across the country, presented to you in the sophisticated surrounds of our North Bridge Brasserie.
This celebration of all things distilled will include whisky from Islay, Speyside, The Highlands and The Lowlands, along with food pairings.
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - October 201320 September 2013
On the 20th October a collection of deluxe wedding service suppliers will be at the Scotsman Hotel. Our Wedding Fayre has become renowned for its vast selection of exhibitors, who offer everything from boutique gowns to bespoke designer cakes.
Guests to the Fayre will receive a complimentary glass of Prosecco along with a goodie bag and are free to peruse the stalls from midday until 4pm. What's more, anyone booking their wedding on the day will receive a 10% discount upon payment of a deposit.
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina16 September 2013
JJW Hotels and Resorts has today announced that it will take over the management of Le Meridien Penina with effect from October 1, 2013.
The hotel has been managed by the Starwood Group and operated as Le Meridien Penina since 2005. Starwood Group and JJW Hotels and Resorts have now mutually agreed to transfer the management of the hotel to JJW Hotels and Resorts. With effect from October 1, 2013, the hotel will be rebranded as the Penina Golf Resort.
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week22 August 2013
Our three-course Pre-Theatre meal is a wonderful opportunity to sample the North Bridge Brasserie's celebrated cuisine. The dramatically composed menu has been created using the finest locally sourced produce... and is sure to rouse applause.
Nights at the theatre are filled with excitement and surprise, so it is only fitting that they are preceded by an equally delightful dining experience. Begin your night with us to enjoy a refined atmosphere, gourmet cuisine and a convenient central Edinburgh location.
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August15 August 2013
This year's Edinburgh Tattoo concludes on the 24th August... and if you haven't yet witnessed the biggest spectacle in the city, now is the time.
With the grand and ancient setting of the Castle as a backdrop, the Edinburgh Military Tattoo delivers a tapestry of music and movement, a resurrection of history, and a celebration of the present. This must-see event brings a dazzling array of military performers from across the world onto one stage.
Take a look at what's on offer this year.
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor25 June 2013
The Scotsman Hotel and its North Bridge Brasserie restaurant have just received the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. The award is given based on the votes and reviews given to Trip Advisor by customers and guests... and delivers a true picture of guest satisfaction.
Take a look at what Hotel manager, Helen Gallagher, and Executive Head Chef, Paul Hart, think of this latest accolade... along with with the most recent reviews and rankings to be found on Trip Advisor.
- Stay for Christmas
Spend Christmas at The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
- Stay for New Year
Spend New Year at The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman Hotel
Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman and Mercat
- Bed, Breakfast & Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Bed, Breakfast & Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
- Two Nights Bed & Breakfast, with 1 Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Two Nights Bed & Breakfast, with 1 Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman
- New Lunch Menus at the North Bridge Brasserie
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - October 2013
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor