- The Scotsman Hotel
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- News & Press
- Offers & Prices
- Aveda Spa
- Entertainment Guide
Edinburgh Travel Guide & Tourist Information
The Scotsman Edinburgh City Break Vacation Guide
The Scotsman Hotel is located on Edinburgh's historical North Bridge, one minute stroll from Waverly mainline train station. A short walk from The Scotsman are the shops of Princes Street, George Street, the attractions of the Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, The National Gallery and Scott Monument.
Edinburgh Airport is 10km's away, about a 20 minute drive. The luxury 5 star Scotsman hotel location is great for the Hogmanay street celebrations in Edinburgh over New Year's Eve which are a mere 5 minute walk away.
There is no time that is not a good time to visit Edinburgh.
August is our busiest month with the Edinburgh International Festival, Fringe Festival and the Edinburgh Film festival when the city comes alive with it's many theatre's, street performers, round-the-clock street and venue entertainment. The highlight for many is the Edinburgh Tattoo with it's amazing fireworks display finale on certain nights.
Christmas and New Year are also busy times as Edinburgh is at its most beautiful in winter, plus you have the big shows and pantomines in the theatres.
If you are looking for some quiet but equally enjoyable time then January to March is the time for you. All of the attractions are still open with less people. The theatres have more availability and there are still lots of shows and nightlife for you to discover at your leisure.
Do not hesitate to ask a member of our Concierge team for any further information
Edinburgh City Guide
The Scotsman Hotel is near to ...
- Sunday Special - Every Sunday in March & April
Sunday Special - Every Sunday in March & April
- Easter Breaks with Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Easter Breaks in Edinburgh including Afternoon Tea
- Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman Hotel
Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman and Mercat
- Bed, Breakfast & Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Bed, Breakfast & Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
- Two Nights Bed & Breakfast, with 1 Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Two Nights Bed & Breakfast, with 1 Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
- Lunch Menus at Edinburgh's North Bridge Brasserie
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - 9th March 2014
- Valentine's at the Scotsman Hotel
- Burns Night Supper
- New Year, New You: Personal Training and Spa Offers
- Wine Tasting with Greywacke's Kevin Judd - 14th January 2014
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor